Wednesday 5 October 2011

Lucky Find books - "The Lion who Ran Away" by L. Collinson & K. Tanaami

I found this just last week - for 20p ... TWENTY PENCE! - at a local charity shop. Haven't had much luck with childrens' books at charity shops lately but this was quite the find. Had never heard of it or the illustrator- but oh my it is so delicious!

Based on a story written for children by famous German writer Goethe; told by Laurence Collinson and illustrated by Keiichi Tanaami. Beautifully painted in true late 60s style. I looked up Keiichi Tanaami, but the wikipedia entry doesn't list this book so I don't know if it was by the same man - and I can barely find any other mention of this book anywhere apart from some Australian library catalogues. Image searches also yield nothing ... a little treasure for myself me thinks :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello Mithi
    I also have found this book at a charity store $2 and can find no mention of it anywhere other than your post. Weird!
    Gezza

    ReplyDelete